The e-commerce market is increasingly entrenched in our ecosystem and experiencing fast growth with a turnover of 112 billion euros in 2020 compared to 57 billion euros in 2014…
Rightly so, e-commerce presents many important benefits †
- A larger catchment area;
- A shop that is open 24 hours a day;
- Control your fixed costs…
Far from passing fads, e-commerce seems have good years ahead of him thanks to our new consumption habits.
However, the democratization of e-commerce inevitably leads to increased competition.
So to exist in this market full of promise and growth, it will be necessary to make yourself known!
How do you promote your e-commerce in 14 steps?
Several levers are at your disposal. We’ll show you the most relevant ones.
1 – Optimize your site for natural referrals
With over 620 million daily Google users, natural referrals is an acquisition lever that should be taken very seriously. Better known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), natural referral equates to your visibility on search engines.
As part of the SEO strategy, several actions need to be taken. The first is to give your site technical credibility with search engines so they can drive traffic to it.
2 – Feed your blog
Another SEO strategy lever, writing content to fuel your professional blog offers several benefits:
- Becoming a friend of Google: This search engine likes live sites that regularly bring new content to its users;
- Confirm your expertise with your readers and your credibility;
- Develop your awareness: When you offer high-quality blog articles, they are more likely to be shared and passed on;
- Linking: It will be easier to partner with other bloggers and influencers as part of the netlinking we will see below;
- Have content to offer in your email campaigns to also see below.
3 – Writing product sheets
The purpose of a product sheet is to draw attention to the product. It should be simple and intuitive. It contains the description of the product and the improvement visuals.
Before starting to draft it, several actions must be defined:
- Identify the keyword you want to position yourself for and insert it naturally into your content. We need to find it in your h1 title, in one of your h2 titles, and in your content. Also include it in your pages’ metadata and in your page’s ALT (alternate text) tag;
- Personalize your content according to your purpose. A product sheet for a professional is more technical than a product sheet for a private individual. Do not copy and paste content from the supplier sheet. Google doesn’t like that.
4 – Optimize Local SEO
Local SEO is only useful if you have a brick and mortar store that is supported by your ecommerce.
Here are some actions to take as part of the implementation:
- Add a location to the keywords you rank for. Example: Paris 16th clothing store;
- Register on local SEO directories;
- Create your Google My Business account and request maximum feedback from your customers and suppliers.
5 – Netlinking
Netlinking is the strategy by which you can get inbound links to your site from other sites. To learn more before implementing your netlink strategy, here are 7 ways to get quality backlinks.
6 – Email
Direct marketing technique, emailing is an advertising message sent to the target. One of the advantages of this lever is its ability: raise awareness and generate interest in your products with your customers and prospects.
Emailing is especially useful in the context of remarketing. According to the FEVAD (Federation of E-Commerce and Distance Selling), the cart abandonment rate is between 70 and 80%.
7 – Animate your community on social networks
The French spend an average of 2h25 a day on the internet, 19 minutes more than in 2019 (+15%). Whether you’re addressing BtoB or BtoC, your target is definitely on social networks:
- Identify the most relevant social networks for you (which are frequented by your target audience);
- Establish a publishing routine to unite your community around your brand.
8 – Setting up advertising campaigns (SEA)
The SEA (search engine) commercial break ) according to Wikipedia, posting subsidized comments (paid, auctioned, or fixed cost) in a search engine’s results pages (SERP), as opposed to free, so-called natural referrals.
The main advantage of SEA is that it allows us to: instant visibility while you allow control acquisition costs.
You determine the budget allocated to your campaigns and thanks to an auction system you win the best position.
Without a clear SEA strategy, your campaign costs can explode very quickly with no return on your investment.
9 – Create buzz marketing (viral marketing)
Buzz marketing is a marketing technique used by marketers to get people talking about the product or brand by creating buzz. The goal is to create excitement around the product and encourage readers to share as much as possible.
The main advantages of this technique are:
- Develop word of mouth around your product or brand.
- Become an ambassador: the consumer becomes your ambassador.
Buzzmarketing works with several levers:
- content marketing
- The marketing guerrilla
- Social networks.
10 – Establish an Online Public Relationship
Online public relations is a new editorial practice. It involves publishing a press release on publishing sites, or specialized publishing sites in your field.
The advantages of this technique:
- Provide an interesting link for your netlinking, which will promote your natural referrals.
- The cost to set up almost zero.
11 – Working on Marketplaces
Amazon, Cdiscount, Aliexpress are the current leaders in e-commerce. It may even seem impossible for us to navigate this market. Their pledges are very hard to compete with.
Thanks to their marketplaces, you can take advantage of their exposure to sell your products and make your brand known to drive your next buyers straight to your ecommerce.
12 – Take advantage of partner sites
Same principle as marketplaces, affiliate sites play the role of matchmaker. They will promote your products in exchange for a commission if a sale is made through their site.
13 – Use price comparison sites
We are constantly looking for the best deal on the internet. What could be better than a comparison site to find the best price. Even though the frequency of comparison sites has decreased in recent years, it is beneficial to register when you offer discount or high-end products.
14 – Use private sales sites
Private sales sites aim to offer the lowest prices on the market. For this, they assume that unsold inventory is expensive. Rather than destroying it or storing it indefinitely, it would be better to sell it at a low price.
Similar to comparison sites, this channel allows you to sell your inventory and promote your brand.
There are a myriad of levers to promote your ecommerce. So that your efforts are better distributed and you ensure results, let yourself be guided by a professional.
About the author
|Karim Allek: Consultant and developer WordPress, Woocommerce and SEO strategy.
With 10 years of experience in business management at 3 agencies. I have a special penchant for entrepreneurship. I like to take the time to understand your problems, your environment in order to give you that external perspective that you so desperately need.
My values in 3 words: Benevolence, Ethics and Humanity.
Site – LinkedIn – Coder – Facebook