toulon. Made in Occitania, 100% digital… They open a street food restaurant like no other

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022, Sophie Briqueler and Thomas Robert inaugurated their restaurant near the Jardin des Plantes in Toulouse. (©Terroirclub)

Street food made in Occitania… in a 100% digital restaurant! It’s the guess that Terroir Cluba brand new brand just established in the heart of the Jardin des Plantes district in Toulouse


Two TBS graduates

Behind this restaurant, opened in rue Saint-Joseph, we find? Sophie Bricker and thomas roberttwo friends and former students of the Toulouse Business School (TBS)

After graduating in 2006, they decided to follow a parallel career. The first has commercial functions in digital, in France and internationally. The second works in food marketing in Paris.

Finally, in 2019, the two friends decided to return to the Pink City with the intention of carrying out a joint entrepreneurial project linked to food and innovation. This is how Terroir Club was born.

95% of Occitan ingredients

As the name suggests, Terroir Club gives a prominent place to local products. In reality, 95% of the ingredients come from the Occitanie region, the other 5% (mainly spices) from France or neighboring countries such as Spain. The list of ingredients and main producers is available.

On their plate, customers are initially given a choice between two offers. The first is the occibol† A poke bowl Occitanie version with regional seasonal products. “The idea is to combine the modernity of the preparations (carpaccio, gravelax, pulled pork, hummus) with good products from our region,” explains the brand.

Count 13.50 euros for an Occibòl with an accompaniment, a drink or a dessert.

Videos: currently on Actu
L'Occibòl will give a prominent place to Occitan products.
L’Occibòl will give a prominent place to Occitan products. (©Terroirclub)

The second offer, called “Occipan”, is aimed at sandwich lovers. The Ciabatta-inspired sandwiches are made with 100% regional flour. These filled breads are sold from 11.90 euros.

“Whether you’re traditional foodistas, flexitarians, vegetarians or vegans, you’ll inevitably find what you’re looking for, especially as we offer the option of choosing dishes that are already prepared, or customizing them! †

Sophie BrickerCo-manager of Terroir Club
Terroir Club also offers a sandwich offer.
Terroir Club also offers a sandwich offer. (©Terroirclub)

Order and pay on your smartphone

To stand out even more, the restaurant has bet on a concept fully digital† How ? Specially designed for the delivery and the Click & Collect† The entire ordering and payment process takes place on smartphoneeither on the website for takeout orders or via delivery applications (Deliveroo and Uber Eats).

A terrace has been set up in front of the establishment with about fifteen seats.
A terrace has been set up in front of the establishment with about fifteen seats. (©Terroirclub)

Thus, the local Terroir Club, open to the street, remains completely dedicated to the kitchen. A terrace with about fifteen seats allows customers who want to have a bite to eat outside.

“We met several Occitan players in the dedicated food industry and we realized that no one offered a local and modern fast food offer on delivery platforms, despite the strong development of this distribution channel and the enormous wealth of the terroir of Occitania, the leading agricultural sector of France. “.

thomas robertCo-manager of Terroir Club

Zero waste target

In addition to promoting local products, Terroir Club wants to become a “benchmark” in the field of responsible catering.

“We work in the kitchen as much as possible with refurbished equipment thanks to our partner Vesto, an approach that has allowed us to limit the creation of waste from the design phase of the project. In addition, we prefer recyclable cardboard packaging and will soon provide our Click & Collect customers with waste-free alternatives via a deposit system, and other initiatives are being studied to go even further,” concludes ThomasRobert.

Practical information
Terroir Club

1 rue Saint-Joseph, Toulouse
Monday to Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Click & Collect and delivery (Deliveroo, Uber Eats).

Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Toulouse in the My Actu area. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news from your favorite cities and brands.

Leave a Comment